What is the availability of healthcare and medical services in India?
Andaman And Nicobar Islands
The healthcare industry has become one of the largest sectors in India. The Indian healthcare delivery system is categorized into two major sectors: public and private. The country incorporates world-class health infrastructure equipped with advanced technology and skilled professionals catering to better quality services.
Here are some of the recent developments made by India in the healthcare sector, which demonstrates the availability of healthcare and medical services and the related opportunities: -
• According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), FDI inflows for the drugs and pharmaceuticals sector stood at US$ 17.99 billion between April 2000 and December 2020.
• Moreover, the telemedicine service by the Health Ministry’s eSanjeevani telemedicine crossed 9 million teleconsultations since its inception, enabling patient-to-doctor consultations, from the confines of their homes, and doctor-to-doctor consultations. This helps in increasing better accessibility to remote areas.
• Globally acknowledged, India made its Covid19 vaccination platform, CoWIN, and opened its source for all countries. Nearly 76 countries showed their interest in leveraging the CoWIN platform to manage their national COVID-19 vaccination drives.
• If we talk about the most trending Covid vaccination, India has administered a total of 99,12,82,283 vaccinations across the nation with combined efforts of the government, healthcare workers, and citizens.
• The Ministry of Tourism launched the ‘National Medical & Wellness Tourism Board’ in July 2021 to promote Medical and Wellness Tourism in India.
The country has become one of the leading destinations for high-end diagnostic services with tremendous capital investment for advanced diagnostic facilities. The Indian healthcare market is expected to reach US$ 372 billion by 2022, driven by better health awareness, availability, and accessibility to healthcare, rising income, and increasing access to insurance.
©2021 RateYourTreatment.com | All Rights Reserved